
夜宿奇美博物館
Don and Hailey are talking about where to spend the coming weekend.
唐和海莉正在討論周末要去哪裡。
coming(adj.)接下來的
Don: I know you’re not a fan of museums, but you have to come with me this weekend.
唐:我知道你不喜歡博物館,但這個周末你真的必須跟我去一趟。
Hailey: You have to tell me why we are going to the museum first.
海莉:你先說為什麼我們要去博物館。
Don: The Chimei Museum in Tainan now allows people to stay overnight there.
唐:台南的奇美博物館現在開放民眾過夜了。
allow sb. to do sth.允許某人做
Hailey: Wow! Like the movie “Night at the Museum”! I love that movie!
海莉:哇!就像「博物館驚魂夜」!我超喜歡那部電影!
Don: We can even pretend to be treasure hunters and solve puzzles while exploring different parts of the museum.
唐:我們可以假裝自己是尋寶獵人,一邊解謎題,一邊探索博物館裡面的各個地方。
pretend(v.)假裝、pretend to be假裝成treasure hunter寶藏獵人solve(v.)解決、solve a problem解決問題puzzle(n.)謎團、謎題while(conj.)同時間explore(v.)探索
Hailey: Now it’s like “National Treasure!”
海莉:現在就像「國家寶藏」一樣!
Don: Yes, and we can also get to know the secrets behind all the paintings and artifacts.
唐:沒錯,我們還可以一窺這些繪畫和藝術品背後的秘密。
get to know了解、知道認識secret(n.)秘密behind(prep.)在後面artifact(n.)工藝品、製造物
Hailey: So far so good!
海莉:到目前為止聽起來不錯!
so far so good到目前為止都不賴
Don: And we’ll get to sleep beside The Thinker, that famous sculpture.
唐:然後我們可以睡在著名的雕塑「沉思者」旁邊。
beside(prep.)附近、旁邊the Thinker沉思者sculpture(n.)雕像
Hailey: I can’t wait! Who knows visiting museums can be so fun?
海莉:等不及了!誰想得到參觀博物館竟能如此有趣?
who knows誰想得到