
冰箱裡的保養品
Hank and Minnie are friends. They are chatting.
漢克和米妮是朋友。他們在聊天。
Minnie: I’m going to melt. It’s so hot today.
米妮:我要融化了。今天也太熱了。
be going to V=未來式melt(v.)融化
Hank: You do look pretty sweaty now.
漢克:你現在看來的確是滿身大汗。
pretty(adv.)相當地sweaty(adj.)滿身是汗的
Minnie: I can’t even sleep at night without using ice packs.
米妮:沒有冰袋,我晚上根本睡不著。
pack(n.)一套、一組
Hank: Did you turn on your fan? It helps a lot.
漢克:你有沒有打開你的電扇?電扇的幫助很大。
turn on=開機turn off=關機
Minnie: I did, but I don’t think it helps.
米妮:我開了,但我不覺得它有幫助。
Hank: You have to place it on the hottest side of the room, so it sucks out warmer air from inside.
漢克:你得將它放在房間最熱的那一側,這樣室內較熱的空氣才會被吸出。
place(v.)放置the hottest=最熱的(the 形容詞-est 為最高級)suck out=吸出
Minnie: That makes sense. Do you have any other tips up your sleeve?
米妮:這有道理。你還藏了什麼其他妙招?
make sense=有道理up one’s sleeve=留有一手、藏有一招
Hank: You can put your skincare products in the fridge to keep them cold.
漢克:你可以把你的保養品放在冰箱讓它們保持冰涼。
skincare(n.)皮膚保養product(n.)產品fridge=refrigerator(n.)冰箱freezer(n.)冷凍庫
Minnie: That’s so smart! Thanks, Hank.
米妮:這好聰明!謝了,漢克。
smart(adj.)聰明的
Hank: Sure thing.
漢克:小事一件。