
既省時間又省錢
It’s Saturday morning. Dave and Patty are talking about what they want to do for the day.
週六早上,戴夫和派蒂在討論他們今天想做什麼。
in the morning在早上in the afternoon在下午at noon在中午at night在晚上talk about討論
Patty: Come on. Let’s go out. There’s a new coffee shop that I really want to go to.
派蒂:走啦,我們出門吧。有間新開的咖啡店我很想去。
that+子句I really want to go to修飾前面的名詞a new coffee shop
Dave: No way. Do you have any idea how far it is? Why don’t we stay home?
戴夫:才不要。你知道那有多遠嗎?我們為什麼不待在家就好?
idea(n.)想法、概念have an idea有個想法far(adj.)(adv.)遙遠的
Patty: I know you’re tired and want to stay home, but we used to go out every day.
派蒂:我知道你很累,想待在家裡,但是我們以前每天都會出門耶。
used to+Vr以前有做什麼的習慣every day(adv.)每天everyday(adj.)日常的、每天的everyday life日常生活everyday needs日常所需
Dave: I know. It’s not that I don’t want to have a nice cup of coffee; I just have some work to catch up on.
戴夫:我知道。也不是我不想好好喝咖啡,只是我有些工作要趕進度。
it’s not that不是…只是…catch up on sth.趕上什麼的進度catch up with sb.和誰聯繫、往來
Patty: In that case, maybe we can get ourselves some Starbucks coffee and have it delivered.
派蒂:既然這樣,也許我們可以用App叫星巴克外送。
in that case既然是這樣的話just in case以防萬一have it delivered讓咖啡送來
Dave: That sounds nice. Does Starbucks also have delivery service now?
戴夫:不錯呀。星巴克現在有外送喔?
delivery(n.)快遞、外送service(n.)服務serve(v.)服務server(n.)伺服器
Patty: Yeah, they just started the new service. They also offer discounts for customers who order on their app.
派蒂:對呀,外送服務才剛開始,現在有優惠。
offer(v.)提供discounts(n.)折扣、優惠sale(n.)特價sell(v.)賣20 percent(%) off打折customers(n.)客人、顧客
Dave: That’s awesome. We can save both time and money.
戴夫:太棒了,既省時間又省錢。
that’s awesome, fantastic, wonderful太棒了save(v.)拯救、節省、省下
Patty: So, what do you want to get? I’m ordering now.
派蒂:那你要點什麼?我在App上點餐了。
order(v.)做點餐、下訂單(n.)點餐內容、訂單、順序
Dave: I’ll have a cinnamon cappuccino. And you?
戴夫:我想喝肉桂卡布奇諾。你呢?
cinnamon(n.)肉桂cappuccino(n.)卡布奇諾
Patty: I’ll have a vanilla latte. All right. It’s done.
派蒂:我要香草拿鐵。好啦,點餐完成了。
cinnamon(n.)肉桂vanilla(n.)香草chocolate(n.)巧克力caramel(n.)焦糖cappuccino(n.)卡布奇諾latte(n.)拿鐵Americano(n.)美式咖啡
Dave: Great. Let’s sit back and wait for our coffee. I can get my work done, and then we’ll just call it a day.
戴夫:太棒了。我們就放鬆等咖啡來,把工作做完,然後就結束這一天吧。
sit back放輕鬆、不費力氣get my work done讓我把工作做完call it a day結束這一天