
令人捧腹大笑
George and Bill are roommates. Bill is watching a stand-up comedy show and laughing loudly.
喬治和比爾是室友。比爾邊看單口喜劇表演邊大笑。
-mate(suff.)表夥伴roommate(n.)室友teammate隊友workmate同事watch(v.)觀賞;觀看loudly(adv.)大聲地
George: What are you watching?
喬治:你在看什麼?
Bill: I am watching Iliza’s stand-up show.
比爾:我在看埃萊莎的單口喜劇表演。
show(n.)表演
George: What is a stand-up?
喬治:單口喜劇是什麼?
what is...單數;不可數what are...複數
Bill: It is a form of performance done by a solo comedian.
比爾:單口喜劇是一種演出形式,由喜劇演員獨立完成的表演。
form(n.)形式performance(n.)表演;表現perform(v.)performer(n.)表演者do-did-donesolo(adj.)單獨的comedian(n.)喜劇演員
George: That sounds interesting.
喬治:聽起來真有趣。
that sounds...聽起來...interesting(adj.)有趣的
Bill: One of my favorite stand-up comedians is Iliza Schlesinger. Her jokes always kill me.
比爾:其中一個我喜愛的喜劇演員是埃萊莎·史奇萊辛格,她的笑話總是令我捧腹大笑。
favorite(adj.)喜愛的joke(n.)笑話(v.)講笑話kill(v.)殺死;令人捧腹大笑
George: So, the comedian tells jokes for the whole show?
喬治:所以喜劇演員在表演時都一直在講笑話嗎?
tell jokes說笑話whole(adj.)全部的;整體的
Bill: Exactly. But sometimes I find the jokes quite rude.
比爾:確實是,但有時我覺得有些玩笑開過頭了。
quite(adv.)完全地;徹底地rude(adj.)無禮的;粗魯的
George: It still makes you laugh anyway.
喬治:不管怎樣,你還是覺得笑話很好笑啊。
make sb. C=讓某人怎麼樣=使役動詞+受詞+補語
Bill: Yeah, I just can’t help it.
比爾:對啊,我就是忍不住想笑嘛。
can’t help=cannot help but 原V...情不自禁;沒辦法(停止某動作);忍不住