
愛爾蘭國慶
Sue and Scott are friends. They are chatting.
蘇和史考特是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Sue: Hi Scott! Did you do anything fun for St. Patrick’s Day yesterday?
蘇:嗨,史考特!你昨天聖派翠克節有做什麼好玩的事嗎?
yesterday(adv.)昨天、昨日the day before yesterday前天the day after tomorrow後天
Scott: Oh, hi, Sue! Yeah, it was great! I wore green and went to a parade with my family.
史考特:喔,嗨,蘇!是的,太棒了!我穿著綠色,和我的家人去參加了一場遊行。
wear(v.)穿、配戴put on穿上dress oneself in自己穿~parade(n.)遊行
Sue: That sounds like fun! What did you see at the parade?
蘇:聽起來很有趣!在遊行中你看到了什麼?
sound like聽起來像、似乎
Scott: There were big floats and people playing music. Oh, and I saw lots of shamrocks everywhere!
史考特:有很多大型花車,還有人們在演奏音樂。喔,我還看到到處都是三葉草!
float(n.)(v.)花車、漂浮everywhere(adv.)到處
Sue: Cool! After the parade, did you do anything else?
蘇:酷!遊行結束後,你有做其他的事情嗎?
Scott: Yeah, I went to a party with my friends. We ate Irish food like corned beef and cabbage. And guess what? I drank green lemonade!
史考特:是的,我和朋友們去參加了一個派對。我們吃了愛爾蘭食物,像是燉鹹牛肉高麗菜。而且你猜怎麼著?我喝了綠色檸檬水!
eat(v.)吃
Sue: Wow, that sounds like a blast! Did you dance or anything?
蘇:哇,聽起來好像很好玩!你有跳舞或做其他的事嗎?
blast(n.)(v.)狂歡、爆破、發出巨大聲響dance(v.)跳舞
Scott: Yeah, we danced to Irish music and laughed a lot. It was such a great time!
史考特:是的,我們隨著愛爾蘭音樂起舞,笑聲不斷。真的玩得很開心!
Sue: I’m glad to hear that. St. Patrick’s Day sounds really fun.
蘇:很高興聽到你這麼說。聖派翠克節聽起來真的很好玩。
be glad to很高興~
Scott: For sure! I can’t wait for next year’s fun!
史考特:當然!我等不及明年的歡樂時光了!
can’t wait for N.等不及~can’t wait to V.等不及去做~