
房東的荷包
Teddy and Ian are roommates. Teddy is doing the laundry.
泰迪和伊恩是室友。泰迪正在洗衣服。
do the laundry洗衣服
Teddy: Ian! Can you take a look at the washing machine?
泰迪:伊恩!可以過來看一下洗衣機嗎?
Ian: What’s the matter?
伊恩:怎麼了?
what happened怎麼回事
Teddy: It keeps squeaking.
泰迪:洗衣機一直發出吱吱嘎嘎的聲音。
keep(v.)持續
Ian: I don’t hear it.
伊恩:我聽不到。
hear(v.)聽到
Teddy: Stand closer to it.
泰迪:站近一點。
stand(v.)站著
Ian: Oh. I guess it’s over the hill. We need to get a new one.
伊恩:哦。我想是機器老了,需要換一個新的了。
guess(v.)猜想over the hill老舊、不堪用、走下坡
Teddy: That’s off the table. I don’t think the landlord will pay for it.
泰迪:這不太可能,房東才不會付錢。
off the table不再討論範圍之內landlord(n.)房東pay(v.)付錢
Ian: True. He just got us a brand-new TV.
伊恩:倒是。他才剛幫我們換了一台全新的電視。
brand-new全新的
Teddy: What should we do?
泰迪:那怎麼辦?
Ian: I’ll see if I can fix it.
伊恩:我來看看能不能修好它。
fix(v.)修理