
國外背包客照過來
Todd is texting Tina.
陶德正在傳訊息給緹娜。
be Ving 現在進行式(正在…)text(v.)傳訊息
Todd: Hey, it’s been a while. How are you doing?
陶德:嘿,一段時間沒聯絡了,你好嗎?
has Vpp 現在完成式(已經…)a while一段時間
Tina: Well, I’m pretty busy, but I’m doing good. I have classes to attend, and I’m also teaching Chinese to foreigners.
緹娜:嗯,我很忙,但是還不錯,我要上課,而且我也在教外國人中文。
attend(v.)參加foreigner(n.)外國人
Todd: Impressive! And when will you come visit us again?
陶德:厲害!那你哪時候要再來看我們?
impressive(adj.)令人欽佩的、讓人印象深刻的=awesome, amazing, wonderful
Tina: Well, you know what? I will probably go to Taiwan in August or September.
緹娜:嗯,你知道嗎?我八月或九月也許會去台灣哦!
probably(adv.)可能地=possibly
Todd: Will you? Hooray! I already know where you can stay – the Presidential Office!
陶德:真的嗎?太好了!我已經知道你能住哪了——總統府!
Tina: Are you being serious? How will that be possible?
緹娜:你是認真的嗎?那怎麼可能呢?
serious(adj.)認真的
Todd: Well, to promote Taiwan around the world, the Tourism Bureau is planning a project called “Spending a Night at the Presidential Office”. Foreign backpackers can apply for this project to experience our hospitality and local culture.
陶德:嗯,為了向全球推廣台灣,觀光局正在規劃一項專案,叫做「來去總統府住一晚」,外國背包客可以申請這項專案,體驗台灣的人情味和當地文化。
promote(v.)推廣、提倡=advertiseTourism Bureau觀光局project(n.)專案、計畫call(v.)叫做、稱為backpacker(n.)背包客apply for申請experience(v.)體驗、經歷hospitality(n.)熱情好客、友好=warmth, kindnesslocal(adj.)本地的、當地的
Tina: Staying at the Presidential Office? That’s amazing! I’ll ask some more friends to go with me!
緹娜:住總統府嗎?那太棒了!我請更多的朋友一起去吧!
ask sb. to do sth. 要求(請)某人做某事