
獎金超過新台幣8,000元
Ruth and Ian are classmates. They are eating lunch.
露絲和伊恩是同學。他們正在吃午餐。
Ruth: I just saw the most interesting contest in Nantou.
露絲:我剛剛看南投要舉辦一個好有趣的比賽。
interesting(adj.)有趣的
Ian: Sorry. I just zoned out for a moment.
伊恩:對不起,我剛剛出神了。
for a moment一下下、moment(n.)時刻
Ruth: Oh my! I said you could join in the “space out” contest next time.
露絲:天啊,我才在說你下次應該去比這個發呆比賽。
Ian: What are the rules of the contest?
伊恩:比賽的規則是什麼?
rule(n.)規則
Ruth: According to the rules, those who took part in the contest had to stare into space for long hours without talking, sleeping, laughing or using smartphones. I think you are cut out for the contest.
露絲:參賽者只能一直放空,不能睡覺、大笑,也不能用手機,你天生完勝這個比賽。
take part in參加=participatestare into space發呆be cut out for sth.天生適任
Ian: That’s true. Was there a prize for the winner?
伊恩:這倒是,獎金多少?
prize(n.)獎項、price(n.)價格
Ruth: The winner got over NT$8,000.
露絲:優勝者將獲得超過新台幣8,000元。
Ian: Were there people to distract the players?
伊恩:會不會有人分散選手的注意力?
distract(v.)分心
Ruth: Yes, but I think you’re a strong player.
露絲:會啊,但我還是覺得你很有潛力。
strong(adj.)厲害的
Ian: What? What did you say?
伊恩:什麼?你說什麼?