
夢幻交換禮物,帶你上天堂
Christmas is coming next week. Adam and Abby are discussing what to play for gift-exchange.
下週就是聖誕節了,亞當與艾比正在討論交換禮物要玩什麼。
come(v.)來next(adj.)下一個week(n.)星期discuss(v.)討論
Adam: Let’s play something new for the gift-exchange.
亞當:我們交換禮物來玩一些新花樣吧!
let(v.)讓play(v.)玩
Abby: Do you have any ideas?
艾比:你有什麼想法嗎?
any(pron.)任何idea(n.)主意,想法
Adam: I saw an interesting game on the Internet. Everyone prepares two gifts, a holy one and a sinister one.
亞當:我在網路上看到一個有趣的遊戲,每個人要準備兩份禮物:一份天堂禮物、一份地獄禮物。
see(v.)看見interesting(adj.)有趣的game(n.)遊戲Internet(n.)網際網路everyone(pron.)每人prepare(v.)準備holy(adj.)神聖的sinister(adj.)邪惡的
Abby: Oh! I know this game. The holy one is a good one that you pick, and the other is an evil one. You have it already. You neither need it nor you throw it away.
艾比:噢!我知道這個遊戲。天堂禮物是你挑的好禮物,地獄禮物是邪惡的禮物:你已經有了的東西,但是你不需要它也不想丟了它。
know(v.)知道pick(v.)挑選other(pron.)另一個evil(adj.)邪惡的already(adv.)已經neither…nor…既不……也不……need(v.)需要throw(v.)丟throw away丟棄
Adam: Right! The host hold strings with names on them. Everyone draws two strings. Then you’ll exchange gifts with the ones you draw.
亞當:沒錯!主持人拿著上面寫了名字的繩子,每個人抽兩條繩子,然後和你抽到的人交換禮物。
right(adv.)對地host(n.)主人,主持人hold(v.)拿著string(n.)線,繩子with(prep.)具有draw(v.)抽then(adv.)接著exchange(v.)交換with(prep.)和,與
Abby: You try your best to win the holy one!
艾比:你要盡力去贏得天堂禮物!
try(v.)嘗試try one’s best盡全力win(v.)贏得
Adam: But maybe you’ll win the devil one.
亞當:但是你也可能會贏得地獄禮物!
maybe(adv.)也許devil(n.)惡魔,魔鬼
Abby: That’s the point of the game!
艾比:那就是這個遊戲的重點啦!
point(n.)要點,意義
Adam: It’s going to be fun!
亞當:這一定會很有趣!
be going to = will將會fun(adj.)好玩的,有趣的