
慢慢做,也能達成目標
Leo is a student who works during the day and studies at night. He is talking to his teacher Ms. Chen.
里奧是一位白天上班、晚上進修的學生。他正在和陳老師說話。
Leo: Hi, Ms. Chen. I feel really stressed.
里奧:陳老師您好,我真的覺得壓力很大。
stressed(adj.)有壓力的=under stress/pressurefeel stressed out壓力爆表stressful(adj.)令人有壓力的
Ms. Chen: I understand. When goals feel too big, it’s easy to want to stop.
陳老師:我懂,當目標感覺太大時,很容易會想放棄。
goal(n.)目標work toward(s) a goal朝目標努力pursue a goal追求目標
Leo: I want to run a marathon and learn Spanish, but it feels too much.
里奧:我想跑馬拉松,也想學西班牙文,但真的覺得事情太多了。
marathon(n.)馬拉松
Ms. Chen: You don’t need to do everything at once.
陳老師:你不需要一次完成所有的事。
at once立刻、一次全部
Leo: Really? Then where should I start?
里奧:真的嗎?那我該從哪裡開始?
Ms. Chen: Start with small steps — very small ones. We call this a micro-action.
陳老師:從小步驟開始,而且是非常小的那種,這就叫「微行動」。
micro-(prefix)微小的、極小的microscope(n.)顯微鏡microchip(n.)微晶片
Leo: Can you give me an example?
里奧:可以舉個例子嗎?
Ms. Chen: For running, don’t think about a marathon. Just put on your shoes and walk for five minutes.
陳老師:以跑步來說,先不要想馬拉松,只要穿上鞋子,走五分鐘就好。
Leo: Only five minutes? That sounds too easy. Does it really help?
里奧:只有五分鐘?聽起來也太簡單了吧,真的有用嗎?
Ms. Chen: Yes. Small actions create a chain reaction. When you finish one small thing, you feel good and want to keep going.
陳老師:有用,因為小行動會帶來連鎖反應。當你完成一件小事,就會有成就感,也比較想繼續做下去。
chain reaction連鎖反應keep/continue V-ing持續做~=go on V-ing
Leo: I think I get it now. I’ll start small today.
里奧:我好像懂了,那我今天就先從小地方做起。
Ms. Chen: That’s right. Do one small thing today, and let the results grow naturally.
陳老師:沒錯,今天先做好一件小事,成果自然就會慢慢累積。
naturally(adv.)自然地build up逐步累積