
不要潑我冷水
Joanna and Josh are talking about their plans for visiting Europe.
喬安娜和喬許正在討論旅歐計畫。
visit(v.)拜訪、參觀
Joanna: Hey, did you see the schedule that I sent you?
喬安娜:嘿,你有看到我寄給你的行程表嗎?
schedule(n.)行程表
Josh: Yeah, this is not going to work.
喬許:有,這行不通啦。
work(v.)行得通
Joanna: Why not?
喬安娜:為什麼?
Josh: We’re only going there for one week, and you want to visit five countries.
喬許:我們只去一週,但你想要踏遍五個國家耶。
country(n.)國家
Joanna: Yeah, I want to see all of them.
喬安娜:對啊,我想全部都想去看看。
Josh: Why the rush?
喬許:為什麼要那麼趕?
rush(n.)匆忙、why the rush怎麼那麼急
Joanna: Don’t pour cold water on my plan.
喬安娜:不要潑我冷水。
pour cold water on N.澆冷水、掃興
Josh: I just think we should slow down and enjoy the trip.
喬許:我覺得應該要慢慢享受旅程。
should(aux.)應該+RV
Joanna: I guess you’re right. I’ll look it over again.
喬安娜:好啦,我想你是對的。我會再看過一次行程。
look over檢查、快速掃過
Josh: Actually, let’s do that now!
喬許:不如我們現在就來重看一次!
actually事實上