
真是救命恩人
Justin is calling his friend Anna at 12 a.m.
賈斯丁在半夜12點打電話給朋友安娜。
call(v.)打電話
Justin: Hi. Sorry to call you so late.
賈斯丁:嗨,抱歉,那麼晚還打給妳。
late(adj.)(adv.)晚的、遲的
Anna: What happened?
安娜:怎麼了?
Justin: I wonder if I can sleep over at your place tonight.
賈斯丁:我在想今晚能不能在妳家過夜?
wonder(v.)想知道原問句為Yes or No問句,用If引導出間接問句,表示能否做某事
Anna: Why?
安娜:為什麼?
Justin: I left my keys on the shoe cabinet before going out.
賈斯丁:我出門前把鑰匙忘在鞋櫃上。
leave-left-left(v.)遺留、留下
Anna: Did you try calling your roommates?
安娜:你試過打給室友了嗎?
roommate(n.)室友
Justin: No. They are all back in their hometowns.
賈斯丁:沒有,他們都回去家鄉了。
hometown(n.)家鄉
Anna: So now you can’t get into your apartment?
安娜:所以你現在進不了公寓?
get into=進入apartment(n.)公寓房間
Justin: Yes. I am locked out.
賈斯丁:對啊,我被反鎖了。
lock out=反鎖在外
Anna: You can come and sleep at my place, but you know the rule.
安娜:你可以到我家過夜,但你知道規矩是什麼吧。
rule(n.)規矩follow the rule=遵守規定break the rule=打破規矩
Justin: Yeah, I’ll sleep on the couch. You’re a lifesaver.
賈斯丁:嗯,我睡沙發。妳真是救命恩人啊。
couch(n.)沙發lifesaver(n.)救命恩人