
雙11瘋狂血拼?
Anna is having a conversation with her friend David.
安娜正在跟朋友大衛聊天。
Anna: Hey David, are you going crazy for Double 11 this year?
安娜:嘿大衛,今年雙11你要瘋狂血拼嗎?
go crazy for…對~非常熱衷be wild about… 對~狂熱
David: Haha, maybe a little! The online deals are huge. Half price on everything!
大衛:哈哈,可能吧!網購折扣太猛了!所有東西都打五折!
deal(n.)交易、優惠special offer特別優惠coupon(n.)優惠券、禮券
Anna: Wow… but do you really need more stuff at home?
安娜:哇⋯⋯不過你家裡真的需要更多東西嗎?
stuff(n.)東西、物品、事情
David: Hmm… maybe not. But it’s so tempting!
大衛:嗯⋯⋯可能不需要啦。但真的很誘人啊!
tempting(adj.)誘人的、吸引人的=attractive
Anna: I have an idea. Why not skip the sale and spend the money on a language course instead?
安娜:我有個主意。不如別追折扣,把錢花在語言課上吧?
sb. spend money on sth.某人花錢在某事上sb. spend time V-ing某人花時間做~instead(adv.)取而代之
David: A language course? Online? Sounds interesting…
大衛:語言課?線上學嗎?聽起來不錯耶⋯⋯
course(n.)課程、一道菜/take a course上課
Anna: Totally! You can learn English, Japanese… whatever you like. And the skills last way longer than clothes or gadgets.
安娜:當然!英文、日文⋯⋯任何你想學的都可以。而且技能的價值比衣服或電子產品更長久。
skill(n.)技能、能力/develop a skill培養技能way longer…遠比~更~
David: Huh… you’re right. Clothes wear out, but skills stay with you forever.
大衛:哦⋯⋯你說得對。衣服會舊,但學到的技能會長久受用。
wear out磨損、用壞
Anna: Exactly! Let’s skip the Double 11 rush this year and invest in ourselves!
安娜:沒錯!今年雙11,我們就別跟著搶折扣,把錢投資在自己身上吧!
shopping rush購物潮invest in…投資在~上