
身體痠痛,吞嚥困難
Rita just came down with COVID yesterday. David, her boyfriend, is calling her to check how she is.
瑞塔得了新冠肺炎。她的男友大衛打給她慰問。
come down with=染上
David: Do you feel better today?
大衛:你今天好些了嗎?
better=good比較級
Rita: Not at all. My body is so sore that I can’t do anything.
瑞塔:完全沒有。我的身體痠痛到我什麼也不能做。
so~that=太過於~以致於
David: I’m sorry to hear that.
大衛:聽到你覺得不舒服讓我也很難受。
hear(v.)聽到
Rita: Also, I don’t have any appetite.
瑞塔:而且,我也沒有吃東西的食慾。
appetite(n.)食慾
David: That’s not good. You have to eat to fight off the virus.
大衛:這可不好,你得吃東西才能戰勝病毒啊。
virus(n.)病毒
Rita: My doctor said I should take in enough calories every day.
瑞塔:我的醫生說我每天需要攝取足夠熱量的食物。
take in=攝取
David: That’s right. If it’s hard for you to swallow, you can drink the food instead.
大衛:沒錯。如果吞嚥困難的話,妳可以改用喝的。
swallow(v.)吞嚥instead=作為替代
Rita: Really? That would help a lot.
瑞塔:真的嗎?如果能用喝的就容易多了。
help(v.)幫助
David: You can have yogurt or oat milk. Both of them have protein to help you get well soon. You can also eat dried mushrooms or salmon, as they are rich in vitamin D.
大衛:你可以喝優酪乳或燕麥奶。兩者都有蛋白質能幫助你快一點好起來。你還可以吃乾香菇或鮭魚,因為它們富含維生素D。
yogurt(n.)優格;優酪乳rich in=富含
Rita: Well, I really don’t have the energy to cook.
瑞塔:我真的沒有力氣煮飯。
energy(n.)能量
David: You can at least take some multivitamin tablets. And make sure to have plenty of water and vegetables, too.
大衛:你至少可以吃綜合維他命。還有記得喝大量的水和吃蔬果。
multi-=多重的;綜合的plenty(adv.)很多的
Rita: Okay, I hope I will recover soon with all the food tips you’ve given me.
瑞塔:好吧,希望你的飲食秘訣能讓我復原得快一些。
recover(v.)復原