
沒有糖果也不搗蛋
Fiona sees Leo putting up a flyer on the bulletin board. She is asking him about it.
菲歐娜看到里歐正在佈告欄上貼東西。她正在問他。
put up張貼flyer(n.)傳單bulletin board公告欄
Fiona: Hey, what’s this?
菲歐娜:嘿,這是什麼?
Leo: It’s a flyer from my church. We’ll be singing Christmas carols this year. We’d like to invite more people to join us.
里歐:這是我教堂的宣傳單,我們今年要去唱聖誕頌。我們想要邀請大家來加入。
church(n.)教堂、教會would like=′d like想要invite to邀請join(v.)加入
Fiona: Oh, so what kind of activity is that?
菲歐娜:哇,唱聖誕頌歌是什麼?
activity(n.)活動
Leo: We’ll go door to door and sing songs about Christmas to people.
里歐:我們會挨家挨戶唱聖歌給大家聽。
door to door一戶戶、挨家挨戶
Fiona: Like trick-or-treating?
菲歐娜:就像「不給糖,就搗蛋」?
tick-or-treating不給糖、就搗蛋
Leo: If you want to put it that way, then yes! Except there’s no candy or tricks.
里歐:你要這麼說也可以啦!除了唱聖誕頌歌沒有糖果也沒有搗蛋的部分。
put it that way那樣說的話except除了
Fiona: Oh.
菲歐娜:噢。
Leo: You should join us!
里歐:你應該來參加!
Fiona: But I don’t know any Christmas songs.
菲歐娜:但我一首聖誕歌都不知道。
Leo: Don’t worry! Just stop by my church after school today. We’re going to have a little practice.
里歐:沒關係!你今天下課順路來我教會一趟。我們今天有個小練習。
stop by=drop by順路過來practice(n.)練習