
趁機練習客家話
Mike and Pete are classmates. They are chatting.
麥克和皮特是同學。他們在聊天。
Mike: Hey, do you speak Hakka?
麥克:嘿,你會說客家話嗎?
speak(v.)說、指語言
Pete: No, my family all speak Taiwanese. Why did you ask?
皮特:不,我們家都說台語。怎麼了?
Mike: Well, my family is Hakka. I want to sign up for a Hakka test.
麥克:我們家是客家人。我想報名參加客語檢定考試。
Pete: Don’t you speak Hakka at home?
皮特:你不是在家裡都說客家話嗎?
Mike: Not really. I can only understand a little, but I don’t really speak it.
麥克:沒有。我只能聽懂一點,但我不太會說。
understand(v.)懂a little一點點
Pete: That’s a shame.
皮特:太可惜了。
shame(n.)羞恥、可惜
Mike: I know! That’s why I want to sign up for the test─ to test out my knowledge of the language.
麥克:我知道!所以我想報名考試來測試我的客語能力。
test out測試knowledge(n.)知識language(n.)語言
Pete: And it’s a perfect chance to practice, right?
皮特:也可以趁機好好練練客家話,對吧?
perfect(adj.)完美的chance(n.)機會practice(v.)練習
Mike: Yes. So I want to find a partner to do it together.
麥克:是的,所以我想找人一起準備。
partner(n.)搭檔together(adv.)一起
Pete: Ah! Nice. I’m not your guy, but I’ll ask around for you.
皮特:啊哈!真好。不過我應該不行,但我會四處幫你問問。
not your guy不是你要找的人ask around四處探聽
Mike: Thanks, man.
麥克:謝啦,老兄。