
發燒、嘔吐和全身疲勞
Drew and Kathy are roommates. Drew will get a COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow.
德魯和凱西是室友。德魯明天要打疫苗。
get a vaccine=get a shot=get a jab打疫苗
Drew: I’m so nervous! I’m worried about the side effects.
德魯:我好緊張!我很擔心疫苗的副作用。
be worried about sth.擔心
Kathy: Let me see. The side effects include muscle pain, fever, vomiting and feeling tired.
凱西:讓我看看。副作用包括肌肉痠痛、發燒、嘔吐和全身疲勞。
include(v.)包含muscle(n.)肌肉、masculine(adj.)有男子氣概的fever(n.)發燒、have a fever=burn upvomit(v.)嘔吐=throw up
Drew: If I have more serious side effects, does that mean I’m still young?
德魯:如果我出現很嚴重的副作用,是不是就表示我還年輕啊?
serious(adj.)認真的、嚴重的
Kathy: You want to say that your immune system is stronger?
凱西:你想說你的免疫系統更強健?
immune system免疫系統
Drew: Yeah, so my body will react more strongly.
德魯:對,所以身體反應會更強烈。
react(v.)反應、reaction(n.)strongly(adv.)強烈地、堅決地
Kathy: Not really. It hasn’t been proven yet that our age or immune system has anything to do with the side effects.
凱西:不是真的啦。現在還沒有證據指出年齡或免疫系統跟疫苗副作用有直接關聯。
prove(v.)證明、完成被動have...to do with有關係
Drew: But I heard that the side effects are not so common among elderly people.
德魯:但我聽說這些副作用在老年人並不常見。
common(adj.)常見的among(prep.)之中、之間elderly(n., adj.)長者or elder、年長的
Kathy: True, but some elders have serious side effects just like young people. Just take it easy.
凱西:的確,但還是有長者會像年輕人一樣出現嚴重副作用啊。放輕鬆啦。
take it easy放輕鬆