
海外生病怎麼辦?
Anna is a student from Taiwan. She studies in the United States. One morning, she feels sick and decides to visit a nearby clinic.
安娜是來自台灣的學生,她在美國留學。一天早上,她感到不舒服,決定去附近的診所看醫生。
decide to VR決定去做close to+地點:靠近某處clinic(n.)診所
Anna: Hi, doctor. I’m not feeling well.
安娜:醫生您好,我覺得不舒服。
well(adj.)健康的、狀況良好的
Doctor: Hi, Anna. What’s wrong?
醫生:你好,安娜。你哪裡不舒服?
Anna: I have a headache, a cough, and I feel very tired.
安娜:我頭痛、咳嗽,而且覺得很累。
headache(n.)頭痛ache(n.)疼痛toothache(n.)牙痛/backache(n.)背痛cough(n.)咳嗽
Doctor: How long have you had these symptoms?
醫生:你有這些症狀有多久了?
symptom(n.)症狀
Anna: Since yesterday. It started after class.
安娜:從昨天開始的,上課後就開始不舒服。
Doctor: Let me check you.
醫生:我來檢查一下。
(The doctor checks her temperature and listens to her chest.)
(醫生為她量測體溫並聽診胸腔。)
check one’s temperature測量某人的體溫chest(n.)胸
Doctor: Your temperature is a little high. I hear some sounds in your chest. I think you have a mild cold.
醫生:你的體溫有點高。我聽到胸口有一些聲音。我想你得了輕微感冒。
mild(adj.)輕微的、天氣不冷不熱的、口味清淡的
Anna: Oh, really? Is it serious?
安娜:真的嗎?嚴重嗎?
Doctor: No, it’s not serious. I will give you some medicine to help you feel better. Make sure to rest and drink plenty of water.
醫生:不嚴重。我會給你一些藥,幫你感覺好一點。記得多休息、多喝水。
make sure to VR確保、一定要做某事plenty of+可數名詞複數/不可數名詞
Anna: Thank you, doctor. Can I get the medicine here?
安娜:謝謝醫生。我可以在這裡拿藥嗎?
a pill一顆藥/a tablet一顆藥片、膠囊
Doctor: Yes, the pharmacy is next door. Take this prescription with you.
醫生:可以,藥局就在隔壁。拿這張處方去就行。
get/fill a prescription拿處方藥
Anna: Got it. Thank you very much!
安娜:好的,非常感謝!
Doctor: You’re welcome. Come back if you don’t feel better in a few days.
醫生:不客氣。如果幾天後還不舒服,再回來看。