
閉嘴,我可以揍你!
Wendy and Bob are at Bob’s place. They are chatting.
溫蒂和鮑勃在鮑勃的住處。他們正在聊天。
place(n.)場所、地方、住處
Wendy: Do you know Michelle Yeoh? She’s so famous.
溫蒂:你知道楊紫瓊嗎?她好有名。
famous(adj.)著名的、有名的renowned(adj.)著名的well-known(adj.)著名的、眾所周知的
Bob: Of course! She just won her first Golden Globe Award.
鮑勃:當然!她剛剛贏得了個人第一座金球獎。
award(n.)獎項、獎金award-winning(adj.)獲獎的globe(n.)球狀物、球體、地球儀
Wendy: Yes, she just won Best Actress in a motion picture for her role as the character of Evelyn Wang in “Everything Everywhere All at Once.”
溫蒂:是的,她剛剛贏得了最佳電影女主角,因為她在《媽的多重宇宙》中飾演伊芙琳·王一角。
motion(n.)移動、motion picture電影
Bob: But something happened to her during her acceptance speech.
鮑勃:但在她發表得獎感言時發生了一件事。
acceptance(n.)認可、接納、接受acceptable(adj.)令人滿意的、可以接受的
Wendy: I know she talked about her experience as an Asian actress when she first came to Hollywood. But what else happened?
溫蒂:我知道她談到自己剛進好萊塢時,身為亞裔女演員的經驗。但還發生了什麼嗎?
Asia(n.)亞洲Asian(adj.)亞洲的、亞洲人的、亞裔的
Bob: She was interrupted in the middle of her speech by a piano playing in the background, urging her to exit the stage.
鮑勃:她在演講中途被打斷了,背景開始響起鋼琴聲,催促她退場。
interrupt(v.)打斷urge(v.)力勸、催促(n.)慾望、衝動
Wendy: What? How did she respond to that?
溫蒂:什麼?那她的反應是什麼?
respond(v.)反應、回應response(n.)反應、回應
Bob: She refused to step down and said: “Shut up, please, I can beat you up.”
鮑勃:她拒絕下台並說:「請閉嘴,我可以揍你。」
step down下台、卸任
Wendy: Ha! That’s hilarious. She’s so authentic!
溫蒂:哈!很搞笑耶。她好直率喔!
hilarious(adj.)引人發笑的、搞笑的authentic(adj.)真實的、真正的、直率的
Bob: Exactly. She is hands down my favorite actress in Hollywood.
鮑勃:沒錯。她毫無疑問是我最喜歡的好萊塢女演員。
hands down毫無疑問的
Wendy: She has done a lot of films. I admire her spirit. Have you seen the award-winning film yet?
溫蒂:她拍了很多電影。我很佩服她的精神。你看過那部得獎電影了嗎?
spirit(n.)精神、烈酒
Bob: No, I haven’t. We could watch it together at my place.
鮑勃:還沒有耶。我們可以在我家一起看。