
每日確診數和死亡人數
Chris and Iris are a couple. They are chatting.
克里斯和艾瑞絲是一對情侶。他們正在聊天。
Chris: Iris, New Year’s Eve is coming up. What’s our plan this year?
克里斯:艾瑞絲,跨年快到了。我們今年的計畫是什麼?
Iris: I want to take part in the New Year’s Eve countdown and watch the fireworks at Taipei 101.
艾瑞絲:我想參加跨年倒數,然後看台北101的煙火。
take part in參加participate in參加firework(n.)煙火
Chris: OK. I’ve never watched the firework display there in person.
克里斯:好啊。我從沒親眼看過那裡的煙火表演。
display(n.)表演、展示in person親自、本人
Iris: But should we wear masks outdoors at the New Year’s Eve countdown?
艾瑞絲:但我們在戶外跨年倒數的時候要戴口罩嗎?
Chris: No. It’s not mandatory.
克里斯:不用。這不是強制的。
mandatory(adj.)強制的optional(adj.)非強制的
Iris: Really? I thought we might be asked to put on masks when attending large-scale activities since the daily COVID cases and deaths aren’t dropping significantly.
艾瑞絲:真的嗎?我以為我們參加大型活動可能會被要求戴上口罩,因為每日新冠肺炎確診數和死亡人數並沒有顯著下降。
put on穿上、戴上attend(v.)參加large-scale(adj.)大規模的small-scale(adj.)小規模的daily(adj.)每日的daily routine每天的例行公事on a daily basis每天death(n.)死亡drop(v.)下降significant(adj.)顯著的、重要的significantly(adv.)顯著地
Chris: But the government only suggests that people wear masks when feeling ill or being in a crowded place.
克里斯:但政府只有建議人們在感到不舒服或是在擁擠的地方時,還是要戴上口罩。
crowded(adj.)擁擠的、擠滿人的
Iris: There will be a large crowd there.
艾瑞絲:到時那裡會有大批人潮。
crowd(n.)人群
Chris: Then I think I will still mask up to protect myself.
克里斯:那我覺得我還是會戴上口罩保護自己。
mask up戴上口罩、偽裝身份protect(v.)保護
Iris: Me too.
艾瑞絲:我也是。