
穿一兩次就丟
Chris and Rose are friends. They are shopping.
克里斯和蘿絲是朋友。他們在購物。
be Ving=現在進行式
Rose: Are you going to buy the jeans? They look good on you.
蘿絲:你要買這件牛仔褲嗎?你穿起來很好看。
jeans(n.)牛仔褲
Chris: No, they’re too expensive. I can find a dupe in a fast fashion store.
克里斯:不了,太昂貴了。我能在快時尚店找到類似款。
expensive(adj.)昂貴dupe(n.)平價類似款
Rose: You might want to think twice.
蘿絲:你可能要再想想。
might=表達建議twice=兩次
Chris: Why? What’s wrong with fast fashion stores?
克里斯:為什麼?快時尚店有什麼問題嗎?
wrong(adj.)錯誤的
Rose: These stores make cheap clothes to keep up with the latest fashion.
蘿絲:這些店家製造廉價的衣服好跟上最新流行。
cheap(adj.)廉價的keep up with=跟上latest=最新的
Chris: Is that so bad?
克里斯:這樣不好嗎?
Rose: It is. People throw them away after wearing them a few times.
蘿絲:不好啊。人們穿了不過幾次就丟掉了這些衣服。
throw sth away=丟棄wear(v.)穿
Chris: That’s true. I usually wear them once or twice.
克里斯:這倒是。這些衣服我通常只會穿一兩次。
usually(adv.)通常=normallyonce=一次
Rose: That creates a ton of waste.
蘿絲:這樣造成了相當多的浪費。
create(v.)創造;製造a ton of=非常多
Chris: Well, I’ve changed my mind now. I will buy this pair of jeans.
克里斯:嗯,我現在改變主意了。我會買下這件牛仔褲。
change one’s mind=改變主意a pair of=一雙;一對