
換季特惠
Antony and Betty are friends. They are shopping for winter clothes together.
安東尼和貝蒂是朋友。他們正在一起採買冬衣。
Antony: Look at all these clothes on sale. It’s the end of winter, and we can get some great deals.
安東尼:看這些打折的衣服。冬天快結束了,我們可以買到一些很划算的東西。
on sale 特價中for sale銷售中deal(n.)交易make a deal with sb. 和~交易=do a deal with sb.a great deal大量
Betty: Yes, I was thinking the same. I need a new coat for next winter.
貝蒂:是啊,我也是這麼想的。我需要一件新的大衣來迎接下個冬天。
coat(n.)大衣
Antony: That’s a good idea. Let’s check out these coats. They’re on sale too.
安東尼:這是個好主意。我們來看看這些大衣吧,它們也在打折。
check sth. out 看看=check out sth.
Betty: I didn’t see anything I liked, though. I also need some warm sweaters. Do you see any over there?
貝蒂:不過我沒看到我喜歡的。我還需要一些保暖的毛衣。你有看到那邊有嗎?
warm(adj.)保暖的、溫暖的hand warmer暖暖包sweater(n.)毛衣
Antony: Yes, there are some nice ones on that rack. How about this blue sweater? It looks very warm.
安東尼:有,在那個架上有一些不錯的。這件藍色的毛衣怎麼樣?看起來很保暖。
How about…?如何…?
Betty: Oh, I like that! And it’s on sale too. Perfect. I’ll get it!
貝蒂:喔,我喜歡那件!而且它還在打折。太完美了。我要買!
Antony: Let’s not forget gloves and scarves. They are also on sale.
安東尼:我們不要忘了手套和圍巾,它們也在打折。
scarf(n.)圍巾
Betty: I need a new pair of gloves. These ones with touchscreen fingers are useful.
貝蒂:我需要一雙新的手套。這種有手指觸控的很方便。
a pair of 一雙、一對useful(adj.)實用的、好用的use(n.)用處There is no use V-ing做~沒有用
Antony: I agree. I bought a pair last year, and they’re really useful.
安東尼:我同意。我去年買了一雙,真的很實用。
Betty: Alright, I think I have everything I need. Let’s go to the cashier and check out.
貝蒂:好的,我想我已經有了所有需要的東西。讓我們去收銀台結帳吧。
cashier(n.)收銀台check out結帳
Antony: Okay! Let’s go!
安東尼:好的!我們走吧!