
買褲子服務
Jimmy is at a clothing store. He is asking a clerk for help.
吉米在一家服飾店。他向店員尋求協助。
ask sb. for向某人索取或尋求
Jimmy: Hey there! Could you help me out for a sec?
吉米:嘿!你能幫我一下嗎?
help out幫助、協助for a second一會兒、片刻
Clerk: Sure. How can I help you?
店員:當然可以。需要什麼協助呢?
Jimmy: I tried on these pants and they’re a little too long. Can they be altered?
吉米:我試穿了這件褲子,但有點太長了。可以改短一點嗎?
try(v.)嘗試try on試穿、試戴a little...有點...long(adj.)長的short(adj.)短的alter(v.)(稍微)修改、改造、改動change(v.)改變
Clerk: Yes, we offer alteration services. Do you want us to hem them for you?
店員:可以啊,我們有提供修改服務。你要我們替你縮短褲腳嗎?
alteration(n.)修改、改造hem(n.)褶邊;(v.)給…縫褶邊take the hem up把褲腳縫起來let the hem down把褲腳放下來sew(v.)縫、縫製、縫合
Jimmy: Yeah, that’d be great. How long does it usually take?
吉米:是的,那太好了。通常需要多久的時間呢?
take(v.)需要it takes (+時間) to RV=做某事需要多長時間
Clerk: It takes around three days. Would that be alright with you?
店員:大約需要三天時間。這樣您方便嗎?
Jimmy: I’m okay with that. How much would it cost?
吉米:沒問題。費用是多少?
cost(n.)成本、費用;(v.)費用為…
Clerk: Hemming the pants costs 10 dollars. Would you like to buy the pants and pay for the alteration right away?
店員:縮短褲腳的收費是10元。您要現在就購買這件褲子,並支付修改費嗎?
pay(v.)付費、支付
Jimmy: Yes. Thanks for your help.
吉米:是的。謝謝你的幫忙。
Clerk: No problem! We’ll give you a call once your pants are ready for pick-up.
店員:不會!褲子一改好,我們就會打電話請您來取件。
once(conj.)一…就…=as soon aspick up撿起、拾起;接某人;取某物pick-up(n.)取件、取貨