
兩人還是三人座?
Kevin just moved to a new apartment. His living room is empty, so he goes to a furniture store to buy a sofa. Now, he is talking to a store assistant.
凱文剛搬進新公寓。他的客廳空空的,所以他去傢俱店買沙發。現在,他正和店員討論。
empty(adj.)空的shop assistant店員=sales clerkassistant(n.)助理、助手/
teaching assistant助教
Assistant: Hello! Can I help you?
店員:哈囉!需要幫忙嗎?
Kevin: Hi! I’m looking for a sofa for my new place.
凱文:嗨!我正在幫新家找沙發。
look for尋找
Assistant: No problem. How many seats do you need? A 2-seater or a 3-seater?
店員:沒問題。您需要幾人座的?兩人座還是三人座?
seat(n.)座位The seat is taken.這個位子有人坐了
Kevin: I think a 2-seater is better. My living room is a bit small.
凱文:我想兩人座比較好。我的客廳有一點小。
a bit一點點=a littlea bit of少量
Assistant: Got it. This 2-seater is very popular. It is perfect for small spaces.
店員:了解。這款兩人座沙發很受歡迎。非常適合小空間。
be popular with…受~歡迎be perfect for…很適合~
Kevin: It looks nice! Is there a 3-seater?
凱文:看起來不錯!這款有三人座的嗎?
Assistant: Yes, the 3-seater is right over here. It’s much wider.
店員:有的,三人座就在這邊。它寬很多。
wide(adj.)寬的、廣泛的
Kevin: Oh, that’s too big for my room. I’ll stick with the 2-seater.
凱文:喔,那對我的房間來說太大了。我還是選兩人座的吧。
stick with維持、堅持選⋯⋯
Assistant: Great choice. Do you want this grey one, or should I check other colors?
店員:明智的選擇。您要這款灰色的,還是我幫您查查其他顏色?
other(det.)其他的others(pron.)其他人或事物
Kevin: Grey is perfect. It’s $300, right?
凱文:灰色很好看。是300美元對吧?
Assistant: Yes!
店員:沒錯!
Kevin: I’ll take it. Can I pay with a credit card?
凱文:我要買這張。我可以用信用卡付錢嗎?
pay(v.)付錢
Assistant: Of course! Please follow me to the counter.
店員:當然可以!請跟我來櫃檯。
counter(n.)櫃檯