
防堵中國非洲豬瘟
Jess and Joe are shopping online.
潔絲和喬正在網路上購物。
online(adv.)在網路上、從網路上
Joe: We have some household supplies we need to buy, like toilet paper, light bulbs, and food storage bags.
喬:我們有些家庭用品要買,像是衛生紙、燈泡、食物保鮮袋。
household(n.)家庭supplies(n.)日用品、生活必需品like(prep.)像bulb(n.)燈泡storage(n.)儲存、儲藏
Jess: By the way, should we buy food?
潔絲:對了,我們要買一些食物嗎?
should(aux.)應該
Joe: We can buy fruits, seafood, snacks, etc. online, just not meat.
喬:我們可以在網路上買水果、海鮮、零食等等,但不能買肉。
seafood(n.)海鮮snack(n.)點心、零食etc.=et cetera以及其他、等等just(adv.)只是、僅僅
Jess: Why is that?
潔絲:為什麼呢?
Joe: African swine fever is spreading in China. Anything containing pork has been banned in Taiwan. It’s better for us to be careful when we shop online.
喬:非洲豬瘟正在中國蔓延;台灣已禁止任何含有豬肉的東西。我們在網路上購物時謹慎一點比較好。
African(adj.)非洲的swine fever豬瘟spread(v.)蔓延、擴散contain(v.)包含ban(v.)禁止、阻止careful(adj.)小心的、謹慎的when(conj.)當…時
Jess: I heard about the outbreak of this disease, but is it that serious?
潔絲:我有聽說這個病毒的爆發,但它這麼嚴重嗎?
hear(v.)聽說outbreak(n.)爆發、突然發生disease(n.)病、疾病that(adv.)那麼serious(adj.)嚴重的
Joe: Yes. The virus can live up to 100 days in refrigerated foods, and up to 1,000 days in frozen foods.
喬:是啊。這種病毒可在冷藏保存的食物中存活100天,在冷凍食物中則是1000天。
virus(n.)病毒up to高達refrigerate(v.)冷藏freeze(v.)冷凍保存
Jess: I see. What will the government do with the offenders?
潔絲:我明白了。政府對於違規者會怎麼做呢?
see(v.)明白、了解government(n.)政府with(prep.)至於offender(n.)有罪者、犯法的人
Joe: Those who bring foods made from livestock like sausages or hams must apply for quarantine, or else they’ll be fined anywhere from NT$10,000 to a maximum of NT$1,000,000.
喬:那些攜帶家畜所做的食物像是香腸或火腿的人,務必要申請檢疫,否則在任何地方都會被罰款一萬元以上一百萬元以下。
livestock(n.)牲畜、家禽sausage(n.)香腸ham(n.)火腿must(aux.)務必、一定要apply(v.)申請quarantine(n.)隔離檢疫or else否則、要不然fine(v.)罰款anywhere(adv.)在任何地方maximum(n.)最大值、最大限度