
文化差異
Tom is visiting his friend Yuki at her house.
湯姆正在拜訪他的朋友由紀的家。
Tom: Hi, Yuki, should I take off my shoes inside your house?
湯姆:嗨,由紀,我應該在你家脫鞋嗎?
take off脫掉inside(adv.)裡面、內部
Yuki: Yes, Tom. In Japan, we always take off our shoes inside. What about in America?
由紀:是的,湯姆。在日本,我們總是在家裡脫鞋。在美國呢?
What about…?用於詢問對方意見、提出建議或邀約、提出相關的問題
Tom: In America, we usually wear shoes inside. It’s different from Japan.
湯姆:在美國,我們通常在室內穿鞋。這和日本不太一樣。
different(adj.)不同的be different from和~不同difference(n.)不同make a difference做出改變
Yuki: Yeah, it is.
由紀:是的,確實如此。
Tom: I heard that people in Taiwan and Thailand also don’t wear shoes inside.
湯姆:我聽說台灣和泰國的人也不穿鞋進屋。
Yuki: That’s right. Many places in Asia are like that.
由紀:沒錯,亞洲很多地方都這樣。
Tom: Why do you think people in Europe and America wear shoes inside?
湯姆:你覺得為什麼歐洲和美國人在室內穿鞋呢?
Yuki: Maybe it’s just their way. Different people, different habits.
由紀:也許那是他們的習慣吧。不同的人有不同的習慣。
habit(n.)習慣keep a habit of…保持~的習慣kick the habit of…改掉~的習慣sleep in賴床
Tom: True. Learning about other cultures is interesting.
湯姆:是啊,了解其他文化真有趣。
learn about sth.學習~interesting(adj.)有趣的、有意思的interest(v.)使~有興趣interest(n.)興趣