
烤巧克力餅乾
Charles and Diane are friends. Charles is outside Diane’s house. He knocks on the door.
查爾斯和黛安是朋友。查爾斯在黛安家外面,他去敲門。
outside(adv.)在外面knock(v.)敲、打
Charles: Good afternoon, Mrs. Lin. How are you?
查爾斯:林媽媽,午安,你好嗎?
Mrs. Lin: Good afternoon, Charles. I’m good. Thank you. Do you want to come in?
林媽媽:查爾斯,午安,我很好,謝謝。你要進來嗎?
come in進來
Charles: Sure. Is Diane home?
查爾斯:好的。黛安在家嗎?
home(adv.)在家
Mrs. Lin: Yes, she is.
林媽媽:她在家。
Charles: What is she doing? I want to play basketball with her.
查爾斯:她在做什麼?我想和她打籃球。
play basketball打籃球
Mrs. Lin: I’m afraid she can’t. Diane is not feeling well, and she is sleeping now.
林媽媽:她恐怕不行呢,黛安不太舒服,正在睡覺。
afraid(adj.)恐怕、遺憾
Charles: Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.
查爾斯:喔,很遺憾聽到她不舒服。
hear(v.)聽到
Mrs. Lin: I’m sure she’ll be all right after a nap. By the way, I am baking chocolate chip cookies. Would you like to have some?
林媽媽:我想睡一覺她就會沒事的。對了,我正在烤巧克力餅乾,你想吃一點嗎?
nap(n.)午睡、小睡片刻bake(v.)烘焙
Charles: Sure. I’d love to.
查爾斯:當然,我很樂意。
I’d love to=I would love to我很樂意
Mrs. Lin: Great. They’ll be ready in 10 minutes.
林媽媽:太好了,再十分鐘就會好。
ready(adj.)準備好的in+數字=在⋯時間之內
Half an hour later.
半小時後。
half an hour半小時later(adv.)後來
Charles: Thanks for the cookies, Mrs. Lin. They were delicious. I’m going home now.
查爾斯:林媽媽,謝謝你的餅乾,很好吃,我要回家了。
thanks for…謝謝你的⋯delicious(adj.)美味的
Mrs. Lin: Anytime. I’ll let Diane know you stopped by.
林媽媽:別客氣,我會告訴黛安你來過。
Anytime.不客氣stop by順道拜訪