
家貓的最後一程
Mary and Ed are roommates. Mary got a text message from her father.
瑪麗和艾德是室友。瑪麗收到了來自她父親的簡訊。
text message簡訊
Mary: My dad just sent me a message.
瑪麗:我爸爸剛傳來一則簡訊。
send-sent(v.)寄送
Ed: What did he say?
艾德:說了什麼?
Mary: Our cat just passed away.
瑪麗:我家的貓去世了。
pass away逝世=die
Ed: Oh. I’m so sorry.
艾德:噢,真是抱歉。
sorry(adj.)抱歉的
Mary: I feel so sad, but I guess it’s time for her to leave us. She was already 15 years old.
瑪麗:我好傷心,但也是時候了,牠都已經十五歲了。
sad(adj.)憂傷的It is time for sb. to do sth.是時候做某件事leave(v.)離開already(adv.)已經
Ed: Are you going home to see her one last time?
艾德:你要回家送牠最後一程嗎?
one last time最後一次
Mary: I want to, but we can’t travel now.
瑪麗:我也想,現在出門移動不是明智之舉。
travel(v.)旅行、在外移動
Ed: You must miss her so much.
艾德:你一定非常想念牠。
miss(v.)思念、遺失
Mary: Yes. She will be forever in my heart.
瑪麗:沒錯。牠永遠都會在我心中。