
看不起前男友
Owen and Verna are colleagues. They are talking about their ex-colleague, Nina.
歐文和維娜是同事。他們正在談論他們的前同事妮娜。
ex-以前的、前任的ex-girlfriend(n.)前女友ex-husband(n.)前夫
Owen: Hey, I ran into Nina on the street yesterday. She got a new boyfriend again.
歐文:嘿,我昨天在街上巧遇妮娜。她又交新男友了。
run into巧遇bump into巧遇
Verna: I’m not surprised. Do you remember her ex-boyfriends, Jack, Mike, and Ted?
維娜:我不驚訝。你還記得她的前男友傑克、邁克和泰德嗎?
surprised(adj.)感到驚訝的be surprised at sth.對~感到驚訝
Owen: Nina broke up with each one of them very quickly.
歐文:妮娜跟每一位都很快就分手了。
break up分手quick(adj)快的quickly(adv.)快速地
Verna: She said they could not afford to take her to fancy restaurants.
維娜:她說他們負擔不起帶她去吃高級餐廳。
afford(v.)買得起、負擔得起fancy(adj.)昂貴的、豪華的
Owen: Does she think the food at food stands isn’t clean enough?
歐文:她覺得路邊攤的食物不夠乾淨嗎?
stand(n.)(v.)攤位、站立clean(adj.)乾淨的
Verna: Who knows? I guess she just likes expensive and high-class places.
維娜:誰知道?我想她就是喜歡昂貴又高檔的地方。
Owen: I see. Are you still in contact with her now?
歐文:原來如此。你現在還有在跟她聯絡嗎?
contact(n.)(v.)聯繫、聯絡in contact with sb.與某人保持聯絡lose contact with sb.與某人失去聯絡contact between A and B A與B之間的聯絡
Verna: No. She not only looks down on her ex-boyfriends but also other poor people.
維娜:沒有。她不只看不起她的前男友,也看不起其他窮人。
look down on sb.看不起、蔑視某人
Owen: So, you’re not friends anymore.
歐文:所以你們不再是朋友了。
Verna: That’s right.
維娜:沒錯。