
不理不睬
Ethan and John are chatting in the student cafeteria.
伊森與約翰在學生餐廳裡聊天。
chat(v.)聊天;閒談student cafeteria=學生餐廳
John: Do you think Elsie hates me?
約翰:你覺不覺得埃爾希討厭我?
hate(v.)討厭;憎恨
Ethan: I don’t think so. Why would you say that?
伊森:我不覺得啊。為什麼這麼問?
John: She gave me the cold shoulder yesterday.
約翰:她昨天對我不理不睬的。
yesterday(adv.)昨天
Ethan: Maybe she just didn’t feel like talking to anyone.
伊森:或許她只是不想跟任何人說話。
maybe(adv.)可能;也許feel like V-ing=想做某事
John: No, she talked to everyone else, except me.
約翰:不,她有跟其他人講話,就是不跟我說話。
except(prep.)除了...之外
Ethan: Oh, that sounds mean. Did you say anything that hurt her feelings?
伊森:噢,那聽來真故意。你是不是說了什麼讓她難過的話?
mean(adj.)刻薄的;吝嗇的hurt(v.)傷害;弄傷;使...感到疼痛I hurt my knee.feeling(n.)感受
John: Erm...Is it because I made fun of her outfit the other day?
約翰:欸...難道是因為我那天嘲笑她的穿著?
make fun of...嘲笑;訕笑outfit(n.)衣著the other day=前幾天
Ethan: Dude, you made the biggest mistake of your life. Never take the piss out of a girl’s outfit.
伊森:兄弟,你犯了大忌啊。永遠不要取笑女生的穿著。
big-bigger-biggestmistake(n.)錯誤never(adv.)永不;從不take the piss out of...取笑~
John: No wonder she got pissed off. But that dress she wore was really funny.
約翰:難怪她生氣了。可是她穿的那件裙子真的很好笑。
no wonder=怪不得;難怪piss sb. off=惹惱某人wear-worefunny(adj.)好笑的;滑稽的
Ethan: You deserved it. And I think you should say sorry to her.
伊森:你活該。再說我覺得你應該要跟她道歉。
deserve(v.)應得