
天氣預報真準
Jane and Hans are classmates. They are standing in the corridor.
珍與漢斯是同班同學,他們正站在走廊上。
classmate(n.)同班同學stand(v.)站立corridor(n.)走廊
Hans: Urgh, not again!
漢斯:呃,不是吧,又來了。
Jane: You didn’t bring your umbrella? The weather forecast said it was going to rain this afternoon.
珍:你沒帶傘嗎?天氣預報說今天下午會下雨。
didn’t=did notbring(v.)攜帶weather forecast=天氣預報be going to RV=將會做某事rain(n.)(v.)雨水;下雨
Hans: I know, but I was in a hurry. I left it on the porch.
漢斯:我知道啊,但我趕時間,把傘忘在玄關了。
be in a hurry=趕時間Since I am not in a hurry, I can stay for another hour.leave(v.)(leave-left)離開;遺忘;遺留I left my wallet on the table.porch(n.)門廊;玄關
Jane: No worries. We can share an umbrella.
珍:不要緊,我們可以一起撐。
no worries=沒關係No worries. We won’t be late.
Hans: That’s so nice of you.
漢斯:妳人真好。
nice(adj.)好心的;友善的
Jane: I can’t leave you here. The school is going to close and it’s pouring out there.
珍:我不能把你留在這啊,學校快關了,而且外面下著大雨。
close(v.)關閉pour(v.)倒;灌;傾瀉Pour a cup of milk into the flour.It’s raining cats and dogs.=It’s raining heavily.
Hans: Could you walk me to the bus station?
漢斯:你可以陪我走到公車站嗎?
walk(v.)走路;遛狗;步行送某人bus station=公車站
Jane: Sure. I’m going that way as well.
珍:可以啊,我也是往那個方向。
way(n.)路線;方向
Hans: Thank you so much.
漢斯:太感謝妳了。
Jane: It’s just a small favor.
珍:舉手之勞而已。
small(adj.)小的favor(n.)幫助;幫忙Could you do me a favor?