
服用降血壓藥
George is talking to his daughter, Freda, in the living room.
喬治正在客廳與他的女兒弗莉達說話。
George: Freda, I peeled this pomelo. Let’s have it together.
喬治:弗莉達,我剝了這顆柚子。我們一起吃吧。
peel(v.)剝皮
Freda: Wait a minute, Dad! Don’t you take medication that lowers your blood pressure?
弗莉達:等等,爸!你不是有在吃降血壓的藥嗎?
medication(n.)藥物、藥劑lower(v.)降低blood pressure血壓
George: Yes. What’s wrong?
喬治:對啊。怎麼了嗎?
Freda: You can’t take that medication and then eat a pomelo. It might cause you to have sore muscles.
弗莉達:你不能吃那種藥然後又吃柚子。可能會導致你肌肉痠痛。
cause(v.)導致sore(adj.)疼痛的sore throat喉嚨痛muscle(n.)肌肉
George: Well, that sounds fine.
喬治:嗯,那聽起來還好。
Freda: But it may also damage your liver.
弗莉達:但它也可能會損害你的肝。
damage(v.)損害、危害liver(n.)肝臟
George: I don’t get it.
喬治:我沒聽懂。
I don’t get sth.我沒聽懂
Freda:That is to say, you could get poisoned.
弗莉達:也就是說,你有可能會中毒。
that is to say也就是說poison(n.)(v.)毒藥、使中毒
George: That sounds horrible. I guess you’ll have to eat this pomelo alone.
喬治:聽起來很恐怖。那我猜你必須自己吃這顆柚子了。
Freda: Sure. I will eat it for both of us.
弗莉達:當然。我替你吃吧。