
消失的莎曼珊
Mark and Hugh are roommates. Hugh is watching a video.
馬克和休是室友。休正在看一個影片。
Mark: What are you watching?
馬克:你在看什麼?
Hugh: The trailer of the new season of “Sex and the City.”
休:《慾望城市》新的預告片。
trailer(n.)預告片、拖車、掛車
Mark: They’re making more?
馬克:他們要拍更多嗎?
make(v.)製作
Hugh: Yeah. Also, three out of the four main characters will appear in the new one.
休:沒錯,另外,原本四個主角其中的三個會回歸出現在新劇集中。
main(adj.)主要的character(n.)角色、故事裡appear(v.)出現、appearance(n.)外表、露面、make a public appearance
Mark: Let me guess, Samantha is the one missing out, right?
馬克:讓我猜猜,莎曼珊不會出現,對嗎?
miss out錯過、失去
Hugh: How do you know?
休:你怎麼知道?
Mark: She didn’t get along with the actress who plays Carrie. It is a fact.
馬克:她與扮演凱莉的女演員和不來。大家心知肚明。
get along with sb.跟某人相處得來play(v.)飾演、role(n.)角色、職責、地位fact(n.)事實
Hugh: I’m surprised you know so much about this show.
休:我很驚訝你這麼了解這部戲。
Mark: I used to watch it with my sisters. It has been more than 20 years since it made its debut.
馬克:我以前和我的姐姐們一起看過,自第一季以來已經過了20多年了呢。
make its debut初次登場、首播、首演、pilot(n.)首播集、試播集