
向店家詢問國際寄送
Kevin is traveling abroad and finds a large wooden sculpture he really likes. Because it is too big for his suitcase, he asks the shop if they can ship it to Taiwan.
凱文到國外旅遊時看到一個他很喜歡、但體積很大的木雕。 因為行李箱放不下,他詢問店家是否能寄回台灣。
sculpture(n.)雕刻品、雕像suitcase(n.)行李箱/luggage(n.)行李collect luggage領行李/check in luggage 辦理托運行李a piece of luggage一件行李ship(v.)運送、寄送
Kevin: Hi, I’d like to buy this wooden sculpture, but it’s quite big. Do you ship to other countries?
凱文:你好,我想買這個木雕,但它有點大。請問你們可以寄到其他國家嗎?
ship by sea/air:海運/空運
Shop Staff: Yes, we do. Which country would you like us to send it to?
店員:可以的。請問您想寄到哪個國家?
Kevin: I’d like to send it to Taiwan, because I can’t fit it in my luggage.
凱文:我想寄到台灣,因為我的行李箱放不下。
fit(v.)放得下、裝得下
Shop Staff: No problem. We usually ship with DHL or FedEx. The price depends on the size and weight.
店員:沒問題。我們通常用DHL或FedEx。運費會依照尺寸和重量計算。
depend on取決於、依照……而定
Kevin: Could you check the shipping cost for me, please?
凱文:可以幫我查一下運費嗎?
shipping cost/fee運費
Shop Staff: Sure, let me measure it first…The shipping to Taiwan will cost 85 dollars.
店員:當然,我先量一下⋯⋯。寄到台灣的運費是85美元。
measure(v.)測量sth. cost sb.+金額:某物花某人~錢
Kevin: How long does it take to arrive?
凱文:那大概多久會到呢?
It takes sb. time to VR花某人~時間去做~
Shop Staff: It usually takes about 5 to 7 business days.
店員:通常大約5到7個工作天。
Kevin: Okay, that sounds good. Can you pack it safely for me?
凱文:好,聽起來可以。可以幫我做防護包裝嗎?
pack(v.)打包、包裝be packed with裝滿、填滿
Shop Staff: Yes, of course. We will use bubble wrap and a strong box.
店員:當然可以。我們會用氣泡紙和堅固的紙箱。
wrap sth. in bubble wrap用氣泡紙包裹某物
Kevin: Do you need my address in English?
凱文:我的地址需要用英文寫嗎?
Shop Staff: Yes, please. And please write your phone number as well.
店員:是的,麻煩您。另外也請寫上您的電話號碼。
as well也=alsoas well as以及
Kevin: Sure, I’ll write it down for you.
凱文:好的,我寫給你。
write sth. down把某事寫下來
Shop Staff: Thank you. We will email you the tracking number once the package is sent.
店員:謝謝您。包裹寄出後,我們會 email 追蹤碼給您。
tracking number追蹤碼once(conj.)一旦、一⋯⋯就⋯⋯package(n.)包裹、套裝/travel package旅遊套裝