
半價折扣又環保
Mary and George are traveling in Tainan.
瑪麗和喬治正在台南旅行。
travel(v.)旅行
George: Wow, look at this line. Are these people waiting in line for the local snack we’re looking for?
喬治:哇,看這排隊人潮,都是排我們要找的當地小吃的嗎?
line(n.)隊伍wait in line=stand in line=line up=queue up排隊snack(n.)點心
Mary: I’ll go find out what they are standing in line for.
瑪麗:我去看看在排什麼。
find out找出
George: Alright.
喬治:好。
Mary: Wow. You know what? These people are actually standing in line to buy the self-serve laundry detergent.
瑪麗:等一下!這是在排自助洗衣精補充站。
George: I see! That’s why they brought their own containers.
喬治:我懂了!所以大家都帶自己的容器排隊。
container(n.)容器
Mary: This is a very smart way to cut down on the use of plastics. The bottles of laundry detergent are not so eco-friendly.
瑪麗:這是一個非常聰明來減少塑膠的方法。這些洗衣精空瓶超級不環保。
smart(adj.)聰明的cut down減少plastic(adj., n.)塑膠的、塑膠製品bottle(n.)瓶子eco-friendly(adj.)環境友善的
George: Yeah, even the refill packs are plastic.
喬治:對啊,連買補充包都是塑膠的。
refill pack補充包
Mary: And the self-serve station even offers a 50% discount.
瑪麗:自助站甚至提供半價折扣。
station(n.)站offer(v.)提供discount(n.)折扣
George: Wow, we should bring a container to get some as well.
喬治:哇,我們也應該帶容器來裝一些。
Mary: But we’re not doing any laundry tonight. We’re heading home tomorrow.
瑪麗:但是我們今晚不洗衣服。我們明天就要回家了。
do the laundry洗衣服
George: Oh. That’s right.
喬治:哦,也是。