
幫忙支付開銷
Penny is talking to her husband about getting a part-time job.
佩妮正和她丈夫討論要找份兼職工作。
Penny: Kenny, I’ve been thinking about getting a part-time job to help out with our expenses.
佩妮:肯尼,我一直在考慮找份兼職工作來幫忙付我們的開銷。
have been V-ing 現在完成進行式think about 思考、考慮help out with~ 幫助、幫忙~expense(n.)費用、開銷
Kenny: That’s a good idea. Have you thought about what kind of job you want?
肯尼:那是個不錯的主意。你有想過要找什麼樣的工作嗎?
idea(n.)主意;想法have V.pp 現在完成式
Penny: I saw that Wang Steak has some job openings. They’ve been opening up a bunch of new restaurants lately.
佩妮:我看到王品有些工作職缺。他們最近開了好幾家新餐廳。
opening(n.)職缺job opening 工作職缺open up 開業、敞開(心胸)a bunch of 很多的lately(adv.)最近
Kenny: Really? What positions are they hiring for?
肯尼:真的嗎?他們在招什麼職位?
position(n.)職位hire(v.)招聘
Penny: They need waitstaff and chefs, and they’re even looking for older folks to work.
佩妮:他們需要服務人員、廚師,甚至還在尋找年長的人來工作。
waitstaff(n.)服務人員waiter(n.)(男)服務生waitress(n.)女服務生even(adv.)甚至
Kenny: That could be interesting.
肯尼:那可能會滿有意思的。
Penny: The pay and benefits seem pretty decent.
佩妮:薪水和福利看起來相當不錯。
pay(n.)薪資、待遇benefit(n.)福利decent(adj.)很不錯的
Kenny: Well, you’ll never know unless you try. Why not send in your resume and see what happens?
肯尼:嗯,除非嘗試過,你是不會知道的。何不寄出你的履歷,看看會有什麼機會?
unless(conj.)除非Why not VR...? 為什麼不...?resume(n.)履歷
Penny: You’re right. I think I might just do that.
佩妮:你說得對。我想我可能會這麼做。
might為may的過去式,表達較為委婉的可能性
Kenny: I hope you find a cool part-time gig. Good luck!
肯尼:希望你能找到一份不錯的兼職工作。祝你好運!
gig(n.)零工Wish you the best! 希望你一切都順利!