
你對藥物過敏嗎?
Maggie doesn’t feel well this morning. She calls her company to organize sick leave so that she can go to see a doctor.
瑪姬今天早上覺得不太舒服,她打到公司請病假,接著去看醫生。
company(n.)公司organize(v.)安排sick leave病假
Doctor: Hi, Maggie. Have a seat. What’s your trouble?
醫生:嗨,瑪姬,坐。怎麼了?
trouble(n.)麻煩、困擾
Maggie: I’ve been feeling bad since this morning.
瑪姬:我從早上開始就不太舒服。
Doctor: What are the symptoms?
醫生:有什麼症狀?
symptom(n.)症狀
Maggie: I feel dizzy and I also have a stomachache.
瑪姬:我覺得頭暈還有肚子痛。
dizzy(adj.)暈眩的stomachache(n.)肚子痛
Doctor: Let me examine you. Could you point out the place that is causing you the most pain?
醫生:我檢查一下,你可以指一下哪邊最痛嗎?
examine(v.)檢查point out指出pain(n.)疼痛
Maggie: Here. It’s the very place.
瑪姬:這邊,就這邊。
Doctor: I’m afraid that you have got a temperature. You’ll have to stay in the hospital today so that we can monitor your condition.
醫生:你恐怕也發燒囉,今天要住院,讓我們觀察一下你的狀況。
afraid(adj.)害怕的temperature(n.)溫度,get a temperature=have a fever發燒hospital(n.)醫院monitor(n.)監控condition(n.)狀況
Maggie: Oh, no.
瑪姬:喔,不。
Doctor: Don’t worry. I will prescribe some medicine for you and see if that helps. Do you have any allergic reactions to any drugs?
醫生:別擔心,我會先開些藥給你看看有沒有幫助。你有對任何藥物過敏嗎?
prescribe(v.)開藥medicine(n.)藥allergic(adj.)過敏的reaction(n.)反應drug(n.)藥
Maggie: I have no drug allergies. Thank you, doctor.
瑪姬:我沒有藥物過敏,謝謝醫生。
drug(n.)藥allergy(n.)過敏