
六十歲的獨行俠
Josh and Annie just watched the movie “Top Gun: Maverick.”
喬許和安妮剛看完電影《捍衛戰士:獨行俠》。
watch(v.)觀看
Josh: What a great film! Tom Cruise looks amazing.
喬許:真是部好電影!湯姆克魯斯看起來超讚的。
film(n.)電影=movieamazing(adj.)令人驚豔的
Annie: Do you know that he’s nearly sixty years old?
安妮:你知道他將近六十歲了嗎?
nearly(adv.)將近=almost(adv.)
Josh: No way. I wonder what his secret to staying young is.
喬許:不會吧。不知道他保持年輕的秘訣是什麼?
wonder(v.)納悶、想知道secret to sth=達成某事的秘密
Annie: The news said he puts in a lot of work into staying in good shape.
安妮:新聞說他下了很多工夫來保持好體態。
put in~into sth=付出~到某事物之中stay in good shape=保持好體態
Josh: I heard he exercises a lot.
喬許:我聽說他經常運動。
hear(v.)聽到exercise(v.)運動work out=健身
Annie: Yeah, he also stays away from refined carbs and fried food.
安妮:是啊,他也會遠離精緻澱粉和油炸食物。
stay away from sth=遠離某事物refined(adj.)精緻的carb(n.)澱粉(簡稱)
Josh: It would be hard for me to give up fried chicken.
喬許:要我放棄炸雞很困難。
give up sth=放棄某事物
Annie: Then maybe you can start with changing your snacks. Cruise usually eats blueberries and nuts for a snack.
安妮:那麼也許你可以從改變零食開始。湯姆克魯斯通常會吃藍莓和堅果當零食。
start with=從~開始snack(n.)零食
Josh: I think I can do that.
喬許:我應該能做到這個。
Annie: On top of that, he always includes enough protein in his diet.
安妮:除此之外,他總是確保他的飲食中含有足夠的蛋白質。
on top of that=除此之外include(v.)包含protein(n.)蛋白質diet(n.)飲食
Josh: With all this hard work, it’s no wonder he still looks young.
喬許:下了這麼多功夫,難怪他還是看起來很年輕。
no wonder=難怪
Annie: Yeah, nothing comes easy.
安妮:是啊,沒有不勞而獲的事。
easy(adv.)簡單地