
誰來照顧小孩
Mitch and Lenna are a couple. They have a son.
米奇和蕾娜是一對夫妻。他們有一個兒子。
Mitch: When do the schools start?
米奇:學校什麼時候開學?
Lenna: On Feb. 18, right? After the Lunar New Year.
蕾娜:2月18日,對嗎?農曆年後。
on+日期
Mitch: I heard there will be a change. I think, the date will be put off until Feb. 22.
米奇:聽說有改了,被延到2月22日。
change(n.)改變
Lenna: Why!? Why didn’t I know about this?
蕾娜:為什麼!我為什麼不知道?
Mitch: The Ministry of Education just announced it. The schools need to carry out some complete COVID-19 prevention measures.
米奇:政府剛剛宣布的,學校需要進行一些完備防疫作業。
announce(v.)宣布、announcement(n.)carry out執行complete(adj.)完整的、完全的prevention measure預防措施
Lenna: Oh! They should’ve announced it earlier.
蕾娜:哦!他們應該早點宣布啊。
should have p.p.應該、過去式
Mitch: I get it, but they need time to do all the work.
米奇:我知道,但他們需要時間啊。
Lenna: But we both need to work that day! Who is going to look after our son?
蕾娜:但是我們倆那天都需要工作!誰來照顧兒子?
look after照顧
Mitch: I’ll call my mom to see if she can babysit.
米奇:我打電話給媽看看她是不是可以照顧。
babysit(v.)照顧小孩