
加長的寒假
Jessie and Kevin are a couple. They are talking.
潔西和凱文是夫妻,他們正在說話。
Kevin: The government announced that schools won’t start until February 25th.
凱文:政府公佈說學校要延後到2月25號才開學。
the Government of Taiwangovernmental(adj.)政府的announce(v.)公告、宣布make an announcement發表聲明until(prep.)直到,表時間延續長度not…until直到…才,表比預期晚
Jessie: Is it because of the Wuhan coronavirus?
潔西:是因為武漢冠狀病毒嗎?
because S.V.because of N.corona-冠狀的、皇冠crownvirus(n.)病毒coronavirus(n.)冠狀病毒
Kevin: Yeah, they’re worried that children might catch the disease.
凱文:對啊,他們怕孩子們會被傳染。
catch a cold得了感冒disease(n.)疾病an outbreak of the disease疾病的爆發
Jessie: So will there be fewer school days?
潔西:這樣上學日子會比較少嗎?
Kevin: No, the summer vacation will be delayed as well.
凱文:不會,暑假也被延後了。
postpose(v.)延遲postpone sth. until whenas well也=too
Jessie: I see. But there’s a long weekend starting on February 28th. Can’t the semester just begin in March?
潔西:了解,但2月28號又要放連假了,不能乾脆3月再開學嗎?
long weekend連假semester(n.)學期
Kevin: I know, but that’s the way it is.
凱文:我懂你意思,但也沒辦法。
that’s the way it is就是這樣、沒有辦法
Jessie: What should we do about the kids?
潔西:那孩子們該怎麼辦?
Kevin: We might have to take a few days off work, or send them to day care.
凱文:我們可能要請假或送他們去安親班。
take off起飛take off sth.脫掉take (days) off請假take personal leave請事假ask for a sick leave請病假care(n.)照護、照料、(字根)護理day care托兒所、安親班、照護中心
Jessie: Okay, I’ll arrange something.
潔西:好,我會安排。
arrange(v.)安排、籌劃arrange to V.約好、計劃要做什麼organize(v.)安排、組織