
全家搬到臺北
My name is Andy, and I am an engineer.
我的名字是安迪,我是工程師。
engineer(n.)工程師
I grew up in a small town in Chiayi.
我在嘉義的一個小鎮長大。
grow up成長
I also raised my family there.
我也在那裡養育我的家人。
raise(v.)養育
A month ago, my company transferred me to the Taipei branch, so my family had to move to Taipei.
一個月前,我的公司轉調我去臺北分部,所以我們全家得搬到臺北。
transfer(v.)調動branch(n.)分公司、分店
My daughter, Sarah, did not take this news well.
我女兒莎拉不太能接受這個消息。
take(v.)接受
At the beginning, she cried her eyes out.
起初她嚎啕大哭。
cry one’s eyes out嚎啕大哭
Her mother tried to talk sense into her.
她媽媽試著開導她。
talk sense into sb.開導某人
She told Sarah that she will make new friends and there are many exciting activities in Taipei.
她告訴莎拉她會交到新朋友,而且臺北有很多好玩的活動。
make friends交朋友
Finally, Sarah turned tears into smiles.
最後莎拉終於破涕為笑了。
turn(v.)使改變tear(n.)眼淚turn tears into smile破涕為笑