
公車司機的心聲
Anne and Mark are waiting for the bus. They are heading to the city center.
安妮和馬克在等公車。他們要前往市中心。
head(v.)前往city center市中心
Anne: Our bus will arrive in 15 minutes.
安妮:公車再15分鐘就來了。
arrive(v.)抵達in+時間、表示之內
Mark: Ah! A question just popped up in my mind.
馬克:啊!我想到一個問題。
pop up突然出現
Anne: What is it?
安妮:是什麼?
Mark: Do you say “Thank you” to the bus driver before getting off the bus?
馬克:你下公車前會跟司機說「謝謝」嗎?
get off下車、get on上車、轎車下車drop off
Anne: Always. I’ve had the habit since I was young.
安妮:都會啊。我從小就養成了這個習慣。
habit(n.)習慣young(adj.)年輕的
Mark: Some people argue that people shouldn’t do so because it might distract the drivers.
馬克:有些人覺得不應該跟司機道謝,因為可能會讓司機分心。
argue(v.)爭論、吵架distract(v.)使…分心
Anne: I still think we should thank the driver.
安妮:我還是覺得我們應該跟司機說聲謝謝。
thank(v.)感謝
Mark: I would find it annoying if I had to reply to every “Thank you” I heard every day.
馬克:不過如果我每天都得回覆我聽到的每一句「謝謝」,我可能會覺得很煩耶。
find(v.)覺得annoying(adj.)令人厭煩的假設語氣、would…+過去式reply to回覆
Anne: Oh, good point.
安妮:喔,說的也是。
good point有道理、說的對
Mark: Right! Here comes our bus. Let’s go.
馬克:可不是!公車來了。我們走吧。
here comes sth.來了