
滿嘴垃圾,擱淺岸邊
Maggie and Ray are chatting.
梅姬與瑞在聊天。
chat(v.)聊天
Ray: Have you seen this photo?
瑞:你有看過這張照片嗎?
photo(n.)照片
Maggie: No, is that a real whale?
梅姬:沒有,這是真的鯨魚嗎?
real(adj.)真實的whale(n.)鯨魚
Ray: No, it’s a life-size art installation made by the Greenpeace in the Philippines. It was made from rubbish and shaped into a decaying blue whale.
瑞:不是,這是菲律賓綠色和平組織做的等比例裝置藝術,是用垃圾做成虛弱的藍鯨。
life-size(adj.)實物大小的art(n.)藝術installation(n.)裝置藝術be made from以⋯⋯製成rubbish(n.)垃圾、廢棄物shape(v.)塑形decay(v.)衰弱blue whale藍鯨
Maggie: It makes me feel sad.
梅姬:這讓我覺得好難過。
make(v.)讓feel(v.)感覺sad(adj.)難過的
Ray: Me, too.
瑞:我也是。
Maggie: Plastic garbage is a serious problem.
梅姬:塑膠垃圾真的是個嚴重的問題。
plastic(adj.)塑膠的garbage(n.)垃圾serious(adj.)嚴重的problem(n.)問題
Ray: Yeah. It’s a whale of a problem.
瑞:是啊,真的是個超大的問題。
a whale of a...極大的problem(n.)問題
Maggie: We can attend some coastal cleanup activities sometime.
梅姬:我們可以找時間去參加淨灘活動。
attend(v.)參加coastal cleanup activity淨灘活動sometime(adv.)在未來某個時刻
Ray: Sure. We should also say no to plastics in our daily life.
瑞:當然,我們也可以在日常生活中拒絕使用塑膠。
plastic(n.)塑膠daily life日常生活