
省錢就是賺錢
Ian and Nancy are friends. They are chatting.
伊恩跟南希是朋友。他們在聊天。
Ian: Oh god. I’m flat broke this month.
伊恩:天啊,這個月要吃土了。
flat broke=窮到極點
Nancy: You spent too much money again, didn’t you?
南希:你又超支了,對吧?
didn’t you?=附加問句
Ian: I tried not to.
伊恩:我試過不超支的。
try-tried-tried=嘗試
Nancy: You have to set aside some money for a rainy day.
南希:你得把錢存下,未雨綢繆啊。
set aside=撥出、留出
Ian: I believe you’re right.
伊恩:我想妳說得對。
Nancy: As people say, “A penny saved is a penny earned.”
南希:常言道:「省錢就是賺錢」。
penny(n.)一分錢、一小筆錢earn(v.)賺a penny for your thoughts=你在想什麼?
Ian: What can I do?
伊恩:我能怎麼做?
Nancy: From now on, you need to keep track of your daily spending.
南希:從現在開始,你得記錄每日花費。
from now on=從此開始keep track of=追蹤、記錄daily(adj.)每日的
Ian: Can I borrow some money from you, please?
伊恩:我可以跟妳借點錢嗎?拜託。
borrow(v.)借入lend(v.)借出
Nancy: How much do you need?
南希:你需要多少?
Ian: Just a couple hundred dollars.
伊恩:幾百塊就好。
a couple=一些
Nancy: Sure. Here you go.
南希:當然。來,給你。