
電費帳單來了
Eva and Rick are roommates.
伊娃跟瑞克是室友。
roommate(n.)室友
Eva: Hey, have you seen the electricity bill for June and July?
伊娃:嘿,你有看到六月跟七月的電費單嗎?
electricity bill電費單
Rick: Not yet. Is it overdue?
瑞克:還沒,過期了嗎?
overdue(adj.)過期的、延誤的
Eva: No, but we have to pay 3,500 NT! How come?
伊娃:沒有,但我們要付3500元!
pay(v.)付費How come=why
Rick: What?! Are you serious? Is it because we keep the AC on all night?
瑞克:什麼?你說真的嗎?是因為我們整晚都開著冷氣嗎?
keep(v.)維持AC=air conditioner or air conditioning冷氣、空調
Eva: Probably. I just read some articles about saving energy online. We should clean our air filters regularly. If the filters are dirty and blocked, it will make the AC use more energy to cool the room.
伊娃:可能吧。我剛剛看了一些在講節約的文章。我們應該經常清洗冷氣濾網,如果濾網太髒、堵塞,會讓冷氣用更多電才能使房間降溫。
save(v.)節省energy(n.)能源clean(v.)清潔filter(n.)濾網regularly(adv.)經常地dirty(adj.)骯髒的block(v.)阻塞cool(v.)使……涼爽
Rick: I see. That’s a really good tip. I will clean the filters tonight.
瑞克:我懂了,那是滿棒的小撇步。我今天晚上來洗濾網。
tip(n.)訣竅clean(v.)清潔filter(n.)濾網
Eva: Also, we can use “sleep mode” at night and turn off the AC an hour before we go out.
伊娃:還有,我們晚上可以開「睡眠模式」,以及出門前一小時就把冷氣關掉。
mode(n.)模式turn off關閉
Rick: Okay. I will bear those tips in mind.
瑞克:好,我會把這些方法記住的。
bear in mind=keep in mind=remember記得