
不到新台幣三萬元?
Wes and Lily are roommates. Wes is looking for a new job.
韋斯和莉莉是室友。韋斯正在找新工作。
look for找尋
Lily: How did your job hunting go?
莉莉:工作找得如何啊?
job hunting找工作、hunt(v.)狩獵
Wes: Not good, but I’m curious about this job opportunity.
韋斯:不好,但是我對這個工作機會很好奇。
be curious about sth.對…好奇job opportunity工作機會
Lily: Let me see. Being a janitor at the TSMC?
莉莉:讓我看看。台積電的清潔工?
janitor(n.)清潔工、工友
Wes: Yeah. Look at the salary. It’s less than NT$30,000.
韋斯:對。你看工資,不到新台幣三萬元。
less than不到
Lily: What’s wrong with that?
莉莉:怎麼了?
Wes: Doesn’t this salary hold the job market down a bit? I thought the salary would be higher.
韋斯:這個薪水沒拉低就業市場行情嗎?我以為薪水會更高。
hold sth. down降低標準、無法升高job market就業市場high(adj.)高的、low(adj.)低的
Lily: Well, I think it’s a lot better than most of the companies in southern Taiwan.
莉莉:好吧,我覺得這要比台灣南部大多數公司都要好得多了。
a lot非常southern南方的
Wes: You have a point.
韋斯:你講得有道理。
Lily: If you want to make money, being an operator at the TSMC would be a better choice. The salary is way better.
莉莉:如果真的想賺錢,去台積電當作業員比較好,薪水好多了。
make money賺錢operator(n.)作業員choice(n.)選擇way(adv.)遠遠地