
負債累累的室友
Frank and Nancy are roommates. They are chatting.
法蘭克和南希是室友。他們在聊天。
Frank: Nancy. This may sound odd, but I have a favor to ask.
法蘭克:南希。這聽起來可能很奇怪,但我需要你幫忙。
odd(adj.)奇怪的、奇數的
Nancy: What is it? You look very upset.
南希:什麼事情?你看起來很沮喪。
upset(adj.)不開心的
Frank: Well, the thing is that I’m actually running up debts. I need to borrow some money.
法蘭克:嗯,就是我其實負債累累。我需要借點錢。
The thing is that…事情是這樣的borrow(v.)借入
Nancy: Really! What happened?
南希:真假!發生了什麼事情?
Frank: I lent my credit card to my sister a while ago and she maxed out my card. She had a shopping problem back then. I ended up having a lot of outstanding debts.
法蘭克:我之前把信用卡借給了姐姐,她把我的卡刷爆了。那時她有點購物狂問題。我最後有很多未清償債務。
lend-lent(v.)借出max out刷爆卡end up Ving最終如何outstanding(adj.)未清償的
Nancy: The bank wouldn’t write off the debts?
南希:銀行沒有註銷債務嗎?
write off註銷
Frank: No. I’ve called them hundreds of times.
法蘭克:沒有。我已經打了幾百通電話給他們。
Nancy: Alright. I’ll help you out. Is it that bad?
南希:好。我會幫你的。有那麼糟糕嗎?
Frank: It’s not looking good. I’ll give the money back to you next Friday. I promise.
法蘭克:情況不太好。下週五我會把錢還給你。我保證。
promise(v.)保證
Nancy: Don’t worry. You should clear up your debts as soon as possible. That’s more important.
南希:別擔心。你應該盡快還清這些債務。這更重要呢。
as soon as possible=ASAP越快越好