
應該開慢點
Jason and Wendy are in a car. Jason is driving.
傑森和溫蒂在車裡。傑森在開車。
drive(v.)開車、driver(n.)駕駛
Wendy: You should drive slowly.
溫迪:你應該開慢點。
slowly(adv.)慢慢地
Jason: Why is that?
傑森:為什麼?
Wendy: There are many stray cats in this neighborhood. You don’t want to run over any of them.
溫蒂:這附近有很多流浪貓。你不想要撞到貓貓吧。
stray cat流浪貓neighborhood(n.)社區
Jason: I will slow down a bit then.
傑森:那我開慢一點。
slow down慢下來
Wendy: Just be careful. My sister ran over a snake last week.
溫蒂:小心點。我姐姐上週才壓到一條蛇。
be careful小心
Jason: Poor thing.
傑森:真是可憐。
poor(adj.)貧窮的、可憐的
Wendy: I know. Poor snake. It just wanted to cross the road.
溫蒂:我知道。好可憐的蛇。也只是想過馬路而已。
cross(v.)跨越
Jason: Did she see it?
傑森:她看到那條蛇嗎?
Wendy: Well, I think she was busy talking to her friends at that time.
溫蒂:嗯,我想她當時忙著和朋友聊天。
Jason: She was lucky that it was not a deer or something.
傑森:她很幸運撞到的不是鹿之類的。
lucky(adj.)幸運的deer鹿