
世界真小
Jerry and Bella are friends from college. Jerry runs across Bella near his place outside.
傑瑞和貝拉是大學朋友。傑瑞在家附近外面巧遇貝拉。
college(n.)大學run across巧遇bump into巧遇
Jerry: Bella? Why are you here?
傑瑞:貝拉?你怎麼在這?
Bella: Hey! I just moved here two months ago. What about you?
貝拉:嘿!我兩個月前剛搬到這裡。你呢?
move(v.)搬家、移動
Jerry: I live in this lane. My home is over there. Where do you live?
傑瑞:我住在這條巷子裡。我家就在那裡。你住哪裡呢?
lane(n.)巷子
Bella: I live across from you! It’s a small world!
貝拉:我就住在你對面!世界真小!
across from在~對面it’s a small world世界真小、某事很巧it’s a funny old world無奇不有
Jerry: It is. But I never see you around here.
傑瑞:真的。但我從沒有在這附近看過你。
Bella: I have a busy job, and I seldom go out.
貝拉:我工作很忙,也很少出門。
busy(adj.)忙碌的seldom(adv.)很少
Jerry: I see. It’s so good to run into an old friend in a strange city.
傑瑞:我懂了。在陌生的城市遇到老朋友的感覺真好。
Bella: That’s true. By the way, I’m going to cook some tangyuan this evening. Would you like to come over to my place?
貝拉:真的。對了,我今天傍晚要煮湯圓。你想來我家嗎?
tangyuan(n.)湯圓zongzi(n.)粽子yuanxiao(n.)元宵sesame tangyuan芝麻湯圓peanut tangyuan花生湯圓savory tangyuan鹹湯圓sweet dumpling、glutinous rice dumpling湯圓come over過來
Jerry: Great! We should have a chat!
傑瑞:太棒了!我們應該好好聊聊!
chat(n.)(v.)聊天
Bella: Then see you at 8 o’clock.
貝拉:那八點見囉。