
偶遇故舊
Ella and Ben are a couple. They are chatting.
艾拉和班是夫妻。他們在聊天。
couple(n.)情侶
Ella: Do you remember Paul from our high school?
艾拉:你記得高中時一個叫保羅的人嗎?
remember(v.)記得
Ben: I do. He was nice but pretty shy. We didn’t stay in touch.
班:我記得。他人很好但蠻害羞的。不過我們沒有保持聯絡。
pretty=相當地shy(adj.)害羞
Ella: I also remembered him as a quiet short boy, until I ran into him this morning.
艾拉:我也記得他是個安靜、個子小的男生。直到我今天早上偶然遇到他。
morning(n.)早上
Ben: No way. How is he doing?
班:不會吧。他現在怎麼樣了?
No way=不會吧
Ella: Great. He changed a lot. He looks different and is much taller now.
艾拉:很好。他改變很多。他看起來不太一樣也高了很多。
taller=tall的比較級
Ben: Wow, did you two catch up?
班:哇,你們有敘敘舊嗎?
catch up=敘舊
Ella: Yeah, we did. He just opened his own tea shop and invited us for a visit.
艾拉:有啊。他剛開了他自己的茶店,而且他邀請我們過去。
invite(v.)邀請visit(n.)拜訪
Ben: Good for him. Is the shop around here?
班:真為他高興,他的店在附近嗎?
around=在~附近
Ella: Only a few blocks away.
艾拉:就在幾個街區外。
block(n.)街區
Ben: We should visit the shop someday.
班:我們改天該去拜訪他的店。
someday=某天;改天